Synergy is a foundation founded by No Art. Synergy bridges the gap between club culture and art. We are convinced that the interaction between art and music is greater than the sum of the effects of art and music achieved separately. In other words: 'One and one equals three. At the Synergy foundation it is not just about art or club culture, but about both components. This bundling creates synergy.
The word synergy comes from the Greek sun "together" and ergon "work": when one element magnifies the effect of the other, they have synergy together. With our programming we want to offer the visitor a unique sensory experience and contribute to quality of life and social cohesion in Amsterdam-North.
The participating artists of Synergy show performances or installations in which the following selection criteria are kept in mind:
1. Performances or installations that deal with the concept of synergy.
2. Interactive performances or works that create synergy between the visitor and the artwork.
3. Site-specific performances or works that connect with the environment.
In our programming we strive for a balance between the international character of the art program on the one hand and cooperation with local initiatives on the other. We want to bring advanced artists into contact with local talents and we want to offer an interdisciplinary program.
In this way, Stichting Synergy forms an important link between renowned artists and makers, young talent, neighbourhood artists' initiatives and breeding grounds and a wide and diverse audience of lovers of contemporary visual art. Bringing them together in a special location allows smaller collectives and makers to capitalize on the fame of the bigger established names and forge new, unexpected collaborations.
Stichting Synergy offers artists the opportunity to participate in the programming at each exhibition. Any artist can register for this. Our goal is to always include at least one artist from the open call during the exhibition.
At Stichting Synergy , we want to promote participation and social cohesion through art and culture. We do this, among other things, by choosing a program with artists from different disciplines and backgrounds. We have also chosen to give young people from the neighborhood a stage during Synergy.
In addition, we try to keep entrance very easily approachable for people from the neighbourhood or for people from Amsterdam with a low disposable income. We want our art to be accessible to all.
Visitors can receive access to the event in one of the following ways:
● Children up to the age of 12 receive free access
● Refugees get free acces
● Visitors with an Amsterdam city pass will get free access. The city pass is for low-income Amsterdam residents
● We are going to put flyers in the postbox of residents around the NDSM Werf. With these flyers visitors get free access to the festival
● For visitors with a students pass we will charge 5 euros entrance
● For other visitors we charge 10 euros entrance. We also see this as an accessible rate for the other target groups
● The event is wheelchair-friendly.